National Software Competition
1991 (Open Category)
held in Singapore - Informatics 1991'
Software Design & Development"
Organised by National Computer Board (NCB) &
Microcomputer Trade Association of Singapore (MTAS)
- Pioneer in combining the game of Scrabble and Tetris.
- On-line dictionary (more than 20,000 words) for Spelling checking.
- On-line searching of English terms (blazing fast search nlog(n) search speed!).
- 8-bit sound card - Game Blaster from Creative Labs.
- Scoring is based on the original scoring system of Scrabble.
- Words formed with same colors get Bonus points.
- Bonus Spin Round, where gamer may get a Wild Tile or Bonus points.
- At the end of each round, no. of words formed will be converted to Bonus points.
- Words may be formed horizontally or vertically but not diagonally (yet).
- Commentary box on the bottom right gives useful information during game.
- Press 'F1' key for Help.
- Hall of Fame: Top 10 Scorers and Bottom 10 Scorers!
- Voice Activation (Speech Recognition) and control of game is possible with Voice Control Hardware.
- Hi-score and other data file are internally autheticated each time during the startup of the game - to prevent hackers from hacking the scores :-)
- Press 'D' for a self-running demo mode
|1. The Straits Times
December 4th 1991 (Games Category)
Other winners: Shannon Low (Education)
& Pang Ki Koon (Business)
2. JJC Annual Book
|3. Kent Ridge Digital Labs
March 23rd 1999